Reply by LSIrish

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Beginner in Carving.

View LSIrish's profile


53 posts in 1911 days

#1 posted 04-02-2013 11:31 PM

Hi John, What you are showing is called sunken relief carving. You have all the tools you will need in your Lee Valley set except for a good bench knife or chip carving knife.

If you go over to the Wood Carving Illustrated Message Board there is an entire section of step-by-step tutorials on your first carvings. Sign up so that you can see all the photos. I would suggest the Tutorial section – Stickies – Relief Carving the Wood Spirit Green Man.

Susan Irish

-- Join me on my Wood Carving Blog!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics