LumberJocks

Reply by RVroman

  • Advertise with us

Posted on How Wide a Jointer? Otra Vez

View RVroman's profile

RVroman

163 posts in 768 days


#1 posted 02-13-2013 07:22 AM

For what it is worth, I had the delta version of the Grizzly 6×28 benchtop jointer you have above. It took less than 6 months to realize it did not meet the needs of a workshop. (although I did build a set of bunk beds from rough stock with that and a dewalt 735 planer, so it is possible)

I upgraded to a “full size” 6 inch jointer from Steel City for about $500 and have not looked back. While an 8” would be great, it was just too hard to justify the extra cost, and the 6” does 95% of what I need. For the other 5% I just get the mill or yard to make it S3S and pay about 10 cents per bf for the convenience and space savings in the shop.

-- Robert --- making toothpicks one 3x3x12 blank at a time!


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase