LumberJocks

Reply by Dallas

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Food Safe Hardwoods

View Dallas's profile

Dallas

2906 posts in 1142 days


#1 posted 01-28-2013 08:06 PM

Monte Cristo,

I still have a problem with a general statement like: ”I think it is Bob Flexor who says any fully cured finish is basically food safe, and he should know.”

Lead based paints are toxic no matter how old they are and at one time they did come in clear. Then there are some of the alkyd Enamels… highly toxic if ingested after curing. (My father in law lost a lung and half of his kidney functions from refinishing a type of Alkyd enamel when working at a hospital as maintenance).

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase