Reply by Purrmaster

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Minwax Polycrylic

View Purrmaster's profile


915 posts in 2268 days

#1 posted 01-27-2013 11:38 PM

Once the water base is fully cured it will be water resistant. And it will be no more or less food safe than the oil based version of poly.

Water base will take time to cure even after the water and solvent evaporate. The molecules of the finish will crosslink over time (like oil base poly) to form a barrier. You probably have to wait for it to fully cure. It can be harder to tell when water base has fully cured because it doesn’t stink as much as oil base.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics