LumberJocks

Reply by waho6o9

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Ideas for venting

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

4827 posts in 1204 days


#1 posted 601 days ago

I’d be more leery of a spark, that stuff is combustible.

“A FLAMMABLE LIQUID like gasoline, lacquer thinner, alcohol, some paint thinners, etc. are much more volatile — their vapors can ignite below 100° F, even down to freezing and below.”

“Paint thinners at high levels can also be a fire/explosive hazard. I recall one instance where two workers were cleaning the floor of the plant on a Saturday morning of sticky resin by pouring paint thinner on the floor. They took a thirty-minute break to let the paint thinner soak in and loosen up the resin. When they returned to work, they used a metal scrapper. It caused a spark resulting in a vapor explosion. By the time the sprinklers activated, it was too late. Neither man survived.”


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase