Reply by Lee Barker

  • Advertise with us

Posted on drafting table design

View Lee Barker's profile

Lee Barker

2170 posts in 2879 days

#1 posted 12-27-2012 04:39 PM

Interesting question, stoneman. To my old eyes it looks like there is a metal fitment on the end of the 4 vertical boards, and it ends in a pin. There are then holes where it can be inserted to vary the respective height of the front and angle (from the back).

That stretcher across the knee space is somewhat bothersome. It looks a bit close. Overall the structure looks a little less than rigid, but that may be of no importance in this application.

Side note: Rockler sells a “drafting table support” [I tried uploading pic and inserting link and both failed] and has for years.

It is actually made for casement windows, but functions perfectly in its new assignment. Multiuse! If you see someone’s windows flapping in the breeze, it may be because there is a new drafting table in the house.



-- " his brain, which is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage, he hath strange places cramm'd with observation, the which he vents in mangled forms." --Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics