Reply by Loren

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Cabinet Door Tooling Questions

View Loren's profile


10476 posts in 3675 days

#1 posted 12-24-2012 06:00 PM

An easy way to do it is make the frames with no profiles
using loose tenons or bridle joints or whatever you prefer,
then rout a rabbet in the back of the frame. You can
put the panel in from behind and use applied mouldings
to cover the gap. I do this from the front too, with
wainscott style mouldings.

Another way to do it is with mitered door frame corners.
In this case the grooves don’t interfere with loose tenon

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics