Reply by DS

  • Advertise with us

Posted on What is this finish? Darker at edges/corners than in the middle

View DS's profile


3046 posts in 2661 days

#1 posted 12-24-2012 05:43 PM

This is a type of antique-ing (sp?).
After the base stain and sealer, you can tint a top coat and fog the corners ala air-brush style.

ML Campbell even has some spray-on, no-wipe stains that are suitible for this application.

This style was really big in the 60’s and 70’s… Not as much anymore.

-- "Hard work is not defined by the difficulty of the task as much as a person's desire to perform it.", DS251

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics