Reply by pintodeluxe

  • Advertise with us

Posted on What is this finish? Darker at edges/corners than in the middle

View pintodeluxe's profile


5620 posts in 2777 days

#1 posted 12-24-2012 05:54 AM

Two ways to do it – glazing or tinting.
Glazing is applying a thick stain-like product over a topcoat.
Tinting (sometimes called toning) is spraying a topcoat like lacquer, with pigments mixed in.

-- Willie, Washington "If You Choose Not To Decide, You Still Have Made a Choice" - Rush

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics