Reply by Wdwerker

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Confused about "Shaker" Style

View Wdwerker's profile


333 posts in 2202 days

#1 posted 12-09-2012 02:47 AM

I use a domino in the corners of oversize raised panel doors. Cut right through the cope and stick joint. 6mm is real close to the thickness of the tongue on the cope. I make my own domino stock to fit the widest setting and cut them to fit the deepest plunge possible. You can use a hollow chisel mortice bit in your drill press to acheive the same thing.
A 16” by 42” raised panel door in my kitchen has held up 18 years with just glue and a cope and stick joint in the corners. No extra tenon length needed!

-- Fine Custom Woodwork since 1978

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics