Reply by bandit571

  • Advertise with us

Posted on What kind of plane is this? Or is it a plane?

View bandit571's profile


20435 posts in 2732 days

#1 posted 12-06-2012 10:46 PM

Otherwise known as a Core Box plane. used to make large cove moldings. These also had “wings” one could add on, in case the molding was a might deep. yep, it is for wood. Look up in the space between a wall and a ceiling, this plane type would have been used to help make crown moldings.

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics