Reply by grizzman

  • Advertise with us

Posted on hooking up woodstove

View grizzman's profile


7836 posts in 3271 days

#1 posted 11-27-2012 11:51 PM

ive already gone through this several years ago, the single wall is ok if its inside but where you go through the wall and for exterior use, you want stainless double or triple wall stainless steel pipe, the single wall will not hold up more then a couple of years, it will rust and deteriorate and you will be faced with replacing all of your pipe, there it goes from the stove out the wall needs to be at least double wall, this pipe gets very hot and you could easily set your building on fire if you dont use the thimble and the right pipe..the stainless pipe is expensive, but if your going to do this right, that is what you should use..just my 2 cents on this subject.. and an added P.S, do as paul suggested, what shipwright said, check your local code, you dont want to have a fire and have no insurance when they see you used the wrong pipe…i love my wood stove and i love it even more knowing its piped correctly…..

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics