Reply by walden

  • Advertise with us

Posted on is this a hand plane or hand jointer?

View walden's profile (online now)


890 posts in 869 days

#1 posted 11-17-2012 02:39 AM

Looks like a raised panel plane. They are the same size as a jack plane, but have the side fence and angled sole. They are used for cutting the angles on the panels for cabinet doors if I’m not mistaken.

-- "When and if the day comes a lion is on my roof, I am hiring a realtor." ShaneA

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics