Reply by huff

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Help with identifying finish

View huff's profile


2828 posts in 3285 days

#1 posted 11-16-2012 10:05 PM

Looks like a glazed finish from the picture. Stained with a base color and sealed probably with a lacquer sealer. Then a darker glaze was used to highlight all the details on the doors, drawer fronts, moldings, etc. You can spray or wipe the dark glace on the then wipe off as much as you like to create the dark in all the corners of the doors,etc. When you get the final look you’re looking for, then you can spray a clear top coat. ( probably lacquer).

-- John @

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics