Reply by Grandpa

  • Advertise with us

Posted on How do I repair a dimple in my new SawStop table top?

View Grandpa's profile


3259 posts in 2675 days

#1 posted 10-31-2012 01:40 AM

Filling the hole with JB Weld would still leave the hump that rubs your nice woods. Gently tapping on the high place with something larger than the hump would tend to flatten it and that is what you are looking for. You could dress it off but then you will be left with a hole in the table that will collect dust, woodchips etc. The metal flowed upward when the impact occurred. You need to push as much of it back into the hole as possible. That is where it belongs. A punch with a large end as Mike suggests or the ball peen hammer. Be gentle. This is cast iron. If you decide to sand it with the finer grits then you need to be careful to not have a low place that is 2 or 3 inches across. As a friend told me about 50 years ago: There are lots of ways to make bad body and fender work worse and I think you have used most of those here. Good luck!!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics