Reply by Boatman53

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Alien artist ??

View Boatman53's profile


1056 posts in 2196 days

#1 posted 10-06-2012 05:28 PM

Why would you would need a resale certificate to sell through a gallery? They are responsible for the tax not the artist. I deal with sales tax, when a boat yard calls me in for a job I bill them for the work, no tax, it is their responsibility. When a customer calls me and I’m billing them directly I have to collect the tax. Whoever handles the final transaction is responsible for the tax.

-- Jim, Long Island, NY home of the chain leg vise

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics