LumberJocks

Reply by jmos

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Unisaw wiring 220v 50 amp too much?

View jmos's profile

jmos

681 posts in 1023 days


#1 posted 09-30-2012 09:12 PM

Use the circuit. The breaker is there to protect the wiring, not the motor; you run light bulbs on 15 amp circuits and they don’t draw anything close to 15 amps. You could replace the 50amp breaker with a lower amperage breaker, that more closely matches the motor, if you like, the wiring will just be over sized. The bad situation is having too large a breaker for what the wiring can handle.

-- John


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase