Reply by Loren

  • Advertise with us

Posted on nails vs screws for plywood desks

View Loren's profile


10403 posts in 3649 days

#1 posted 09-24-2012 05:24 AM

Look into “Miller dowels”. It’s a form of dowel that uses
a stepped drill and goes in more or less like a screw from
the outside of the cabinet. You can clamp and nail your
cabinet, then drill and insert the Miller dowel from the
outside. The strength of the joint is great, assembly
easy, and the appearance is very good.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics