Reply by shipwright

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Cartridge/Canister Filter For Dust Collector

View shipwright's profile


7980 posts in 2798 days

#1 posted 09-21-2012 02:57 AM

I got them from a truck dealer / service outlet called Birk’s Intertruck but they are only on Vancouver Island. Any truck service place will have them. They are the air filters for big highway diesel trucks. They come in several sizes and two basic configurations. The configurations are open both ends and open one end closed the other. You are interested in something that has a flow capacity equal to your DC’s rating. That will give you about twice the capacity it actually gives you when in use. (They rate them at no load)

You want a open / closed end style and probably the largest diameter you can get. You can always adapt the inlet if you can’t get the diameter you want. It is, after all just a way to let the air out and keep the dust in. The configuration up there isn’t so important.

PM me if you need any more help.

-- Paul M ..............If God wanted us to have fiberglass boats he would have given us fibreglass trees.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics