Reply by ADHDan

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Help with a Kreg pocket hole system

View ADHDan's profile


800 posts in 2130 days

#1 posted 08-29-2012 03:16 PM

This is a sweet garage sale find. As Wormil explained, the yellow is the main body of the “clamp and drill” jig – you clamp your workpiece against the plastic backer block with bushings, and drill through the bushing guides to bore an angled hole in your workpiece. The two plastic parts on either side of that are gauges for the bit stop/collar – these gauges were made part of the base unit on the newer Kreg jig, so if you end up with a manual for a newer jig don’t let that throw you off.

I was going to post a guide on how to use a Kreg jig, but it is surprisingly hard to describe in text. Literally one or two youtube videos would be worth 500 words. This may be a good start:

-- Dan in Minneapolis, woodworking since 11/11.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics