Reply by RS Woodworks

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Do you say joiner or jointer?

View RS Woodworks's profile

RS Woodworks

533 posts in 3219 days

#1 posted 07-27-2012 07:50 PM

The machine that does the jointing is a jointer, the large hand plane is a jointer as well. A person who does the joining of the wood after it is jointed is a joiner. A joiner can have several jointers and methods of joining all in the same joint! But be careful, because using a jointer for too long can be hard on your joints. Imagine that. :D

-- I restore the finest vintage tools! If you need a nice plane, saw, marking tool or brace, please let me know!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics