Reply by Mickey Cassiba

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Do you say joiner or jointer?

View Mickey Cassiba's profile

Mickey Cassiba

312 posts in 3057 days

#1 posted 07-27-2012 07:15 PM

A joiner makes a cut in the edge of the wood so you can join two pieces without the use of a mechanical fastener.. also known as a plate or biscuit joiner.

Technically the tool yuo refer to is a bisquit, or plate slotter…but what the hey. To me a joiner, is someone who engages in the art and craft of joining boards together…but that’s just me.

-- One of these hammers oughta fix that...

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics