Reply by MrUnix

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Do you say joiner or jointer?

View MrUnix's profile


6706 posts in 2195 days

#1 posted 07-27-2012 07:04 PM

I say “Jointer” when I’m talking about my jointer.. and I say “Joiner” when I’m talking about my joiner :)

A jointer is used for making straight edges on wood. A joiner makes a cut in the edge of the wood so you can join two pieces without the use of a mechanical fastener.. also known as a plate or biscuit joiner.

It is also common to hear people call a jointer a planer (or “jointer/planer”).


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics