Reply by Lifesaver2000

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Antique look for gold picture frames

View Lifesaver2000's profile


551 posts in 3075 days

#1 posted 06-10-2012 08:41 PM

I can’t answer all of your questions, but I have heard of a method of making the crackling look, and seen several examples of it on the internet. It involves using Elmer’s glue. Some of the methods I have seen involve mixing the glue with paint, but the method listed on Elmer’s site involves painting the object with one color, letting it dry, spreading on the glue then immediately painting with another color. As the glue and second paint dry, you get the crackle effect.

The methods is explained better here:

I haven’t done this myself, but since I also make frames (for the paintings my wife does) I have been looking at various finishing options also.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics