Reply by Cato

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Dumb question about compound miters

View Cato's profile


701 posts in 3311 days

#1 posted 05-18-2012 10:54 AM

I think the situation you describe is when you have to cope the joint by scribing a line on the piece you want to match up to the existing mitered piece and using a coping saw to cut to the line to make it fit.

Pretty much the same as when you say are installing the trim on a floor to ceiling bookcase and the straight side of the cabinet does not fit flush with an uneven wall so you scribe the trim piece to the wall and cut it to fit the bulges and waves in the wall.

There are others on here that are way more skilled at this than me, so please step in and correct me if I am not answering his question to the fullest. I am not a big fan of scribing and coping but I have done some and think that maybe this is what he is asking.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics