Reply by interpim

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Who's got a mini-lathe

View interpim's profile


1170 posts in 3481 days

#1 posted 04-14-2012 06:49 PM

Rance and Gibbs, I think that is the lamp holder with lamp that he mentions in his post. It looks like it is attached to the ways and goes back and up to provide light while turning.

As far as the original question goes, I have the Turncrafter Midi lathe from Penn State and it has been excellent in the years I have owned it… I have done a considerable amount of turning on it, and it is still chugging along. You can’t beat the price for the quality machine you get. If you intend on turning bowls or hollow vessels I would recommend you buy one of their chucks as well.

-- San Diego, CA

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics