Reply by Grandpa

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Grounding my Cyclone DC

View Grandpa's profile


3259 posts in 2700 days

#1 posted 03-13-2012 01:52 AM

What I read states that there has NEVER been a documented case where a home dust collector caused a fire. I think the static can build and shock you. People actually bond their machinery. It is impossible to ground an insulator (plastic pipe is a non conductor). If you experience a shock caused by the static you can run the wire on the outside of the plastic pipe and accomplish the same thing. The following offers a lot of reading.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics