LumberJocks

Reply by Grandpa

  • Advertise with us

Posted on 3 HP wiring for my dust collector and starting surge

View Grandpa's profile

Grandpa

3261 posts in 2851 days


#1 posted 02-29-2012 03:36 AM

I agree with Paul. The breaker is really in the circuit to protect the wiring in the wall and prevent fires inside the wall. If the wiring is overloaded with amps then it can burn and the breaker will not trip. In reality the wire becomes the fuse. Not something you want burning inside the wall. 12 ga. is rated for 20 amps. Probably the best thing would be to replace the wiring with 10 ga and use a 30 amp receptacle. That is where I would go with this system. In fact I am getting ready to install some wiring for a collector that I have ordered and this is what I plan to use. 30 amp CB with 10 ga wire. I am getting excited about it. The electric panel for the system came 2 days ago and the filters came today. I am getting ready for it.


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com