Reply by JohnMeeley

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Need some help with a planer

View JohnMeeley's profile


255 posts in 2389 days

#1 posted 02-27-2012 08:58 AM

IMHO… the term your looking for is ‘co-planar’. Your outfeed table is stationary. ( I own an old craftsman 6” jointer) There are four adjustment points under the INFEED table. I had problems with mine trying to tune it with a straight edge. Went to HF and paid twenty something bucks for a dial gauge and magnetic base. End of problems. I also use it to set the knives @ .001 or so above the outfeed. If you need documentation for your Jointer to assist in the tune up, PM me and I can help you out.

-- "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot do."-Walter Bagehot

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics