Reply by Grandpa

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Which lathe chuck

View Grandpa's profile


3259 posts in 2670 days

#1 posted 01-14-2012 05:19 AM

When in school 45+ years ago we used card stock and glues it to a board that was screwed to the faceplate. We glue the bowl blank to that card stock with all this centered as well as possible. We never wore any of them home but today I wonder why not? We would finis the bowl and has to make the bottom flat. we used a chisel to separate the paper and remove the bowl from the board. Worked great then. Often wonder about today’s recycled papers.
cjwillie – probably all you need to do to change the dead center to a live center is know the taper in the end and buy a center with that taper on it. IT should be a #1, #2 or #3 Morse taper. You should be able to install chucks like drill presses use and also drill bit that have morse tapers on them.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics