Reply by Clouseau

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Wards powrkraft RA saw

View Clouseau's profile


58 posts in 3034 days

#1 posted 12-20-2011 09:05 PM

1. Is there a number on the switch. The switch looks to be common “Skill Saw” switch. You might find a cross reference with Google.
2. Wire around it and use a power strip with a switch as part of it.
3. Purchase the switch mentioned above.
4. Make up a new switch box and mount it under the front of the table where is easy to reach. I use the 110-220 volt version from Grizzly ($13) in a 4×4 box with a plaster ring. Cut and wire in a new 14 ga extension cord so you have use of both plugs. You can then unplug the saw from the switch when the extra measure of safety is needed or when you need it temporarily for another machine. When wiring for 110 volts just use one side of the switch. If you burn out the contacts in the future, just move the wires to the other side.

-- Dan Coleman, retired Welding Inspector and past IA Teacher

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics