LumberJocks

Reply by Ed

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Issues with Water Based Aniline Dye

View Ed's profile

Ed

65 posts in 1329 days


#1 posted 06-03-2011 11:38 PM

Good afternoon Gents!!

I had some time today to head back into the garage. I decided to try again adjusting my technique. First I sanded. I purposely sanded more aggressively in certain areas and not so much in others.

I also thought I would try applying the dye in very thin coats, wiping quickly. I was hoping to limit the amount of saturation. And to build the color slowly. I think it made a noticeable difference.

As you can see there is still bleeding, but I don’t think it’s as bad. Looking closely I feel that I can correct the issues I see now by sanding when it’s completely dry. Fingers crossed!!

I’ll report back once I move on.

Cheers,
Ed


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase