LumberJocks

Reply by wseand

  • Advertise with us

Posted on wood for turning

View wseand's profile

wseand

2116 posts in 1640 days


#1 posted 1216 days ago

All I can find on the tallow tree is that the milky sap is mildly toxic and therefore causes irritation of lips and eyes. It is bad for animals couldn’t find anything on the dust but it is probably a mild to moderate irritant. But I would do some more reseacch on it

Tung Nut trees are on the FDA Poisonous Plant Database. It says all parts of the trees are poisonous so don’t eat the nuts and I would be leery of turning it.

Do a Google search for Toxicity on both trees.

This is a good sight for toxic woods. HERE

-- Bill - "Freedom flies in your heart like an Eagle" Audie Murphy


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase