Reply by Jamie Speirs

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Wood kitchen sink- Can it be done?

View Jamie Speirs's profile

Jamie Speirs

4168 posts in 2854 days

#1 posted 12-05-2010 02:56 AM

Jim, there is another way using resins, thin like CA. Using a vacuum pump. If you get extremely dry wood Zebrano is good. The vacuum pulls out the air from the wood then the resin gets in. I think it is also called stabilised wood. What is nice about this method is that you can have a mat finish.

-- Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics