LumberJocks

Reply by William

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Don't fall asleep while driving.

View William's profile

William

9029 posts in 1497 days


#1 posted 10-03-2010 04:37 AM

They were either texting or talking on the phone.
On a regular basis these days, some idiot either almost hits me or pulls out in front of me, almost causing me to hit them. 99.99% of the time, when I get to where I can see them, they either have the phone to their ear, or the phone is down with them trying to hide it, but you can clearly see they are texting. The other 0.01% aren’t that smart. They have the phone up in front of them. Held smack dab in the middle of their line of site with the road, while they are texting.
I think someone needs to invent something that when the key is turned on it disables all cell phones within the vehicle.

Hold on though. I run a wrecker service for years. Spending a lot of time on the highways, you would believe what I have seen going on behind the wheel of vehicles. Here’s just a few:
.eating behind the wheel. We’re not talking burgers here. I’ve seen people with plates using a knife and fork and even one guy with a bowl of cereal and milk.
.changing clother while driving. We’re talking stripping but naked here and putting on something different.
.reading the newspaper. I know it is important to get your daily news, but really? How can you watch the road with a newspaper draped across the steering wheel.
.making babies. I won’t EVEN go into details. You know what I mean.
.a board laid across the passenger seat and a woman was putting together a puzzle. No, she wasn’t working at stoplights while waiting. I’m talking while running about 80 down the interstate.
.fighting. Yes, not an argument. This was two guys actually throwing hard hitting fists back and forth, with a thrid person, the woman in the back seat, trying to take the driver out with her purse.
.the final one I’ll tell about. The guy that was watching a porno movie on a DVD player on the dash, and you know what he was doing while watching it. He finished his “job” at just about the exact same time as he was driving up under the back end of a cement truck.

This is sad folks. These are not attempts at jokes. These are things I seen with my own eyes. The sadder part is the fact that some things cannot be unseen.

-- http://wddsrfinewoodworks.blogspot.com/


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase