Reply by Bob #2

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Automatic Dust collection

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

3810 posts in 4195 days

#1 posted 01-03-2008 05:45 PM

If you visit a vacuum store that sells central vacs for houses they can show you their contact switch plates and probably offer you a wiring diagram. Bascially the gates are just wired in series so that any one contact that is closed will make a circuit to the relay. The relay will close and turn on the appliance.(DC)
It’s harder to explain than to make one. They will probably have micro switches too and or you can buy gates preassembled and just run bell wire to each gate and to the relay. The relay will have a step down transformer like the one used for your door bell to drop the line voltage from 110 volts to 24 or 12 volts.
I have built several over the years and have wired several Dental office with these systems for auto switching of theri suction systems.

Good Luck


-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics