Reply by Kelly

  • Advertise with us

Posted on wood stabilization for turning blanks?

View Kelly's profile


2039 posts in 2965 days

#1 posted 06-23-2010 08:13 AM

I know little about plastic pipe, but some of it will tolerate some impressive pressures. As such, it seems one could use some plastic pipe in the category of schedule 40 or 80 with a glued cap on the bottom. The shop I work in is plumbed with 1/2” for the 100 psi compressor lines that are, now, nearly thirty years old.

I pick up used nebulizers from garage sales. If you pop the top, disconnect the hose from the output and reconnect it to the input, you have a lightweight vacuum pump. I built a large vacuum system, using Corian and 1/2” plexi I had laying around, for the wife’s kitchen operations and powered with one of these and it works fine for bag sealing. I don’t know if it has enough boost for this, but for two bucks….....

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics