Reply by distrbd

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Crap, I broke an Anderson window.

View distrbd's profile


2252 posts in 2646 days

#1 posted 07-04-2015 08:50 PM

If you can take the insulated unit out of the frame, you can cut the broken pc off of the spacer that is filled with desiccant. Then you can order a new pc of glass from any glass shop and silicone the window back on. The only thing you won t be able to do is fill the window with any kind of gas (typically, argon and krypton). I would try this rout first before buying any new unit.
Units are normally sealed with butyl or polysulphide but silicone will work.

- woodust

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest, did the same repair for a friend(smaller window)all it cost him was a few $ for the glass and a tube of silicone adhesive.

-- Ken from Ontario, Canada

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics