Reply by Jim Jakosh

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Rig-A-Mortis (Jig)

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

20451 posts in 3098 days

#1 posted 01-09-2010 05:27 AM

I googled Rig a mortice and found this note on a blog there:

i beleive i saw the jig he described in an old woodworking book i checked out from the library. it was called a “rig-a-mortise”. it doesn’t seem to be made anymore. you can make it yourself…check out this link:

This is the same as the note above.
What if you made a jig to put over the end of a board to make the teneon that uses a guide bushing to follow a template of the tenon shape you need. It could clamp on the board and have a guide that sits at 90 degrees to the part with an oval hole in the end.

-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics