Reply by TheDane

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Clamping Cauls

View TheDane's profile


5441 posts in 3689 days

#1 posted 01-05-2010 04:56 PM

Another name for creowned cauls is ‘bow clamp’. The premise is that they allow for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of a glue line. Can’t comment one way or the other as I have never used them.

I have a set of Douglas Fir cauls (4 of them 2” x 2” and about 24” long each) that are jointed on one side. I wrap them in plastic and put one of each side of each end of a panel. They keep the boards in the glue-up aligned while the parallel clamps draw the panel together.

-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics