LumberJocks

Reply by ajosephg

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Tell us about your woodworking accidents

View ajosephg's profile

ajosephg

1840 posts in 2162 days


#1 posted 1680 days ago

A month ago I had a pint bottle of mineral spirits setting on my workbench, and a bottle of water setting about a foot away. You know what’s coming right?

So I’m working on something with my back to the bench, felt the need for a gulp of water, reached around without looking grabbed what I thought was the water and took a big gulp. Whoops – drank from the wrong container.

Thankfully the Lord was watching me, and my involunatary reflexes took over and I spit the MS out (all over the floor and project) before I swallowed any of it.

I rinsed my mouth with copius amounts of water and called poison control just in case. They said as long as I hadn’t swallowed or inhaled any of it I would be ok – and I was.

Lesson learned: Besides watching what you’re doing – keep chemicals a long distance away from anything that you intend to drink.

-- Joe


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase