OK – Time for an update.
Been spending most of the time clearing land and planting trees. I think we are approaching the end (yay!) of planting for this season. Working on the last rows this weekend.
Last weekend was very windy, and the temporary cover for the sawmill was blown off.
I made some heavier duty stakes and with ropes replaced, I think it will hold up for the next storm
A real woodworking project is also in process . We have taken some of the pine trees on the property, milled the logs into boards, dried them, and will be using them to build some seed tables to grow out some pecan trees from seeds.
Here is the first unit completed. LOML picked the color (and did the painting)
Very cool to process the wood from start to finish. Used Kreg pocket screws for assembly.
I did pick up a new tool yesterday (2 of them).
Came in handy for dimensioning the homemade 2×4s for the seed table.
Maybe more wood working in the near future…I can hope.