Along the with the project we have discovered some design tweaking to make the project fit together better.
Things on paper always look good, but it always seems to have tweaking points during the process.
We spent some time cutting out the boxes for the lower bookcases. Taking the time now to think through the fitting together process will help save steps further steps and extra joints in the latter assembly.
Spent the time now to drill in the shelf holes in and we ended up assembling all the units together now with daddos and pocket screwing.
We also got started on the two end cap boxes and have glued and screwed them up and will be ready for face framing next.
We are now working on the face framing and cutting the back for the bookcase units.
This coming week we hope to get the unit put together, put white wash stain on everything, make our decroative trim for the top of the unit and cut and prepare all the shelf units, which will have support cleats on the the fronts for extra support.
We got all the pieces toghther and drilled our shelf holes and began assembly
Units began going together one by one
Next, we glued and screw individual units togther and let the glue set
Finally, we added the top, which is to be stained and finished, glued, clamed and is now ready for face frame
-- Randon Riegsecker, crosscutservices.com