|Project by Bugnurd||posted 04-13-2014 02:44 PM||1867 views||30 times favorited||19 comments|
Finally finished my first real woodworking project. I learned a lot making this and can’t wait to make more stuff! I used only hand tools for this project, so it took a little longer than anticipated, but I’m pleased with the result. I weighted the dispenser by putting two scrap steel rods into mortises I chiseled out of the two outside pieces, which was great because I got to practice, and not have the sloppiness show up in the final product! Also, I accidentally forgot to take into account the width of the tape holder, so I’ll have to use 1/2 inch tape from now on. The cutter was taken off our old junk dispenser. I used bubinga and maple, and finished it with 4 coats of boiled linseed oil.
-- Marc -- Worcester, MA