|Project by rrdesigns||posted 04-09-2014 02:02 AM||1689 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
This is an example of how to “make it work” when your original game plan not only fails but is faulty to begin with. I had intended to use 8/4 stock for the border on this table (the center panel is made from 4/4 with a plywood sub base) but found out that the supplier had none (after I had built the center panel). I hadn’t properly envisioned that I would need the border to continue the worm trails in the center visually before I foolishly failed to save the cut-offs from the center which would have made my life much easier. So I was forced to glue together the stock for the border from the 4/4 stock that I had. I then made veneer slices from the leftovers of the original stock that I hadn’t tossed and puzzle pieced the worm trails together to make it look like the border had been cut from the original panel. Not perfect, but not bad. Ce la vie.
-- Beth, Oklahoma, Rambling Road Designs