|Project by Huckleberry||posted 09-19-2008 03:35 AM||1662 views||0 times favorited||12 comments|
Well let me start off by say thanks to Dave and Light Weight for helping me with the patterns that I lost. This is a kicker now that I am done with this thing guess what I found on my desk? Yup found the patterns from the magazine. This chair is made out of sycamore and I found that this is a really challenging wood to work with. The amount of tear out on the fleck is horrible. So to those of you who might use this one day my advice would be to cut your stock bigger and hand plane them the rest of the way. I figured that this would be a nice and easy project for me and really it wasn’t too bad. The pictures are going to have one of the chair unfinished and the others with the finish. I am using a polymerized linseed oil and although I had a test piece it turned out very different from what I though. I have yet to shoot the lacquer on it but, I wanted to get this project out here for all of you to see.
-- I cut it twice and the damn thing is still too short!@#$% https://kata.sendlane.com/view/diyers