|Project by mdb5972||posted 04-01-2014 05:28 PM||725 views||2 times favorited||2 comments|
My little niece is into monster high. So I thought I would make her a coffin for her Draculaura doll. Went with a basic “toe catcher” style coffin. Trying to get all the angles cut stumped me for a bit, ended up reversing the angle and cutting them on the chop-saw. The Anhk symbol I found online and thought was nice. Converted it to libraCAD cleaned it up. Printed 1:1, and cut it out with the bandsaw. Off course broke the top circle while drilling some small 1/8” guide holes to attach it firmer to the coffin lid.
Trying to find specs online for the doll…....... Found some…. But don’t forget to add the shoes! Ended up borrowing one of her “make-your-own” dolls in the end to set the size up.
Also “play’d” with the small spray gun for the first time, used regular black paint, thinned with windex worked out pretty good. Wished I had it when I did the primer used a roller which didn’t leave it flat…. I know sand… And only did one coat of paint, should have done two.
Will clean up and convert the libraCAD to jpg’s and add them later. Bad habit of doodlin’ in the DXF files same as I doodle on paper.