|Project by TheGermanJoiner||posted 03-30-2014 01:38 AM||2021 views||6 times favorited||15 comments|
Well the time has come for me to update my outfeed table. The previous version had a plywood top and wasn’t the greatest for allowing wood to slide on. I waxed it over and over and OVER and it still wasn’t very efficient at doing its simple job of catching wood out of the table saw. So a rethink was in order. I cut 3/4” off the legs and reattached the self levelers. This allowed for a 3/4” sheet of mdf on top of which I would laminate a high pressure plastic sheet.
It just so happened that I extended my 30” biesemeyer fence with the 52” rails of the new x5 unisaw. Because of that I had to build a new right side table to fill the space between the rails. (See my previous project http://lumberjocks.com/projects/98694 ) I purchased a discontinued laminate for $17 a 4×8 sheet. (Winning) So now my outfeed table and tablesaw tables match. Women match clothes, men match tools. ACCESSORIZE lol.
Before I laminated it I wrapped the edges with leftover 3/4” cherry. So I had something to rout. As you can see in the pics I used a 45degree chamfering bit to put an edge on the cherry and laminate. This helps the laminate to not chip as easily. Then I ran a jig to rout out the miter slots. I think it came out great. Very happy with it. Something I plan on doing soon is building some cabinets or drawers to fill the inside space of the table. Well see what I come up with. Stay tuned
-- Greg - Ferdinand and Son Construction: Do it right the first time. Like us on Facebook