|Project by Gerry2stitch||posted 03-23-2014 05:52 PM||1130 views||2 times favorited||4 comments|
my old mallet that i built out of pallet wood splintered a while back so I finally got round to replacing it. Made this one out of some walnut and hickory I had on hand. The center section is filled with bird shot and has the grain running perpendicular to the walnut outer sections. Hopefully this will keep it from coming apart like my last one. The handle is held in with a double wedge and the brass pins should help keep the lamination together with the beating Ill put it through. Plus its damned pretty.