|Project by romansfivefive||posted 2167 days ago||1606 views||2 times favorited||19 comments|
In case you missed the first entry, I found out that you can core roma tomatos very easily with a cordless drill and a 3/4 inch spade bit. much to my surprise, I have been asked to offer more details, so here is the very serious look at a very silly project.
1) wash tomatos, and bit
2) place a folded towel beside the sink so the chuck of the drill hangs over the sink and there is enough space under the chuck so that it doesn’t rub on the sink’s edge
3) lay the drill on it’s side so that you can activate the trigger with your thumb without having to hold the drill
4) place the tip of the bit in the middle of the tomato’s core and tap the drill’s trigger in short pulses
5) push the tomato into the bit until it has bored 1/2 an inch.
6) stop the drill and remove the tomato
now I throw them in the freezer in a bag. When I want to use them, i simply let them thaw, the skin sildes off of them with no effort and I can decide how much of the fluid I want to use in the recipe (soup I add it all, roasting in the oven I remove all the fluid.)
-- The CNC machine can either produce the work of art you imagined, or very decorative firewood.